Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Formal, Short, Written Statement of Purpose

I'm not sure if you can refer to the direction you want to take a blog as a mission statement. I always thought that "blogging" was a kind of vapid medium; something for Americans with too much time on their hands or too many hormones in their head or too many drugs in their system. It seems now that I've fallen into all of those categories, so the next step is obviously to start writing on them internets about the extra time I've got, what the hormones make me do, how the drugs and alcohol affect me. I'm not Jessica Cutler, Perez Hilton, or Texts From Last Night. I'm twenty-five, I don't have a college degree, I have a very part-time job. Regardless, I'm a Washington DC native with a passion for writing, music, film and sports that I'd like to exercise, as well as a rather large appetite for booze, recreational drugs, good food and after-hours absurdity. I hope that I can write about what I love and the people I spend time with and the things I get myself into, and do it honestly and with grit and humor, perhaps with love and honor and pride and pity and compassion and sacrifice. And I hope that you guys will read it. 

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment