Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pearl Harbor

I watched Pearl Harbor last night. 

The last time I saw it was on a date freshman year of high school, and I thought it was terrible. Now, with a little more understanding of what happened, and a little more perspective, I still think it's terrible. But, while Josh Hartnett can't act his way out of a shitty movie and Michael Bay Transformed (get it?) a historical fiction movie in to Gone in Sixty Seconds, I thought that the entire bombing sequence was very well done, albeit rife with melodrama. The shot following the bomb from the bomber through the air into the aircraft carrier is admittedly cool, and the dogfighting is intense and seems like it's what the real thing would be like. 

And there are three words that make up for all of the bad dialogue and soggy pro-American cinematography:



Kate. Beckinsale. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment